If you agree, that the UK must be given democratic choice in EURef2, here are some actions you should consider. Please don’t just sit there – this issue is vital to the UK:
- First and foremost: write to your MP: Your MP is your main conduit for access to Westminster. MPs have a duty to listen to the views of their constituents. See: Template Letters to MPs. Please also feel free to plagiarise any of the material from this site in order to help you write your letter.
- Better still – make an MP’s surgery appointment and tell him/her to his/her face. Take a friend or two who feels the same way.
- Write to other politicians. Perhaps members of the House of Lords or others who you may be able to support the cause. Noble Lords who are sympathetic (but need motivating): Patten, Heseltine, Blunket, Mandelson, Kinnock, Darling, and I am sure there are many others. Note that MPs, other than your own, are under no obligation to listen to you or read your letter.
- Consider funding the Brexit resistance movement: Crowdfunder: Fight Brexit Warchest
- See this list of Influential Remainer Twitter accounts for news of further activities, such as marches, protests and other organised events: List of Twitter’s Influential Remainers
- Try to take part in Twitter’s #StopBrexitHour – Sundays at 6pm.
Campaigns of civil disobedience can not be recommended as yet, but their time may come. The following is illegal, but very funny nonetheless…